Creating a Zip File
Creating a zip file provides the steps for creating and uploading compressed zip folders.
How to Create a Zip File
I am assuming you know your way around computers. Therefore, follow the steps below and you will be able to create and upload zip files.
1. To create a zip file, you will need WinZip utility.
You can download WinZip Utility Here if you do not have this utility.
2. Create a New Folder on Desktop
Name the new folder and place all the files in the folder. For example, you may want to zip a website template. Name your folder Website Template. Next, you will need to put all the files in this folder.
3. Right click on new folder (eg. Website Template) and a menu will appear.
4. Select "Add to Website Templates.zip" as shown above.
5. You have now created "website templates.zip" on your desktop.
How to Upload Zip Folder
I am assuming you know how to use an ftp and you have web hosting.
1. Upload the zip folder to your web hosting.
To upload your zip folder to your web hosting, you will need an ftp. Download FileZilla Here if you do not have an ftp.
2. Upload zip folder (eg. Website Templates.zip) to your designated website.
3. Put a link on your website page to download zip folder.
For example, your link may look like this. Click here to download website templates - www.website-designs.com/website-templates.zip.
Presented by JC Website Designs.
Creating Free Articles And Website Content - Free Articles Directory
Homepage | Free Business Articles | Free Computer Articles | Free Educational Articles | Free Entertainment Articles
Free Health Articles | Free Hobbies Articles | Free Internet Articles | Free Religious Articles
Free Technology Articles | Free Travel Articles | Free Weight Loss Articles
Free Writing Articles | Free Website Design Software
Return to top
Copyright © 2009 - 2014 All Rights Reserved|
Free Online Articles Directory Website
Creating a Zip file